Thanksgiving is a great holiday to enjoy all your favorite foods. A busy social calendar around the Richmond area means you can fit in a run, even during the holiday season! Enjoy your turkey dinner and all the trimmings, and start the day at one of these exciting turkey trots near Richmond homes for sale.
- RRRC Turkey Trot 10K - Bryan Park and Nature Center, 4308 Hermitage Rd., Richmond, VA 23227
With more than 2,500 members, the Richmond Road Runners Club is among the largest running groups in the country. Their annual RRRC Turkey Trot 10K is one of approximately 20 races sponsored by the club each year. The course runs through beautiful Bryan Park, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Registration fees start at $30 for the in-person or virtual event, with no charge for the kids' run. Race time is 9 a.m. on Thursday, November 24.
- SPC Turkey Waddle 5K Run & Walk- Salisbury Presbyterian Church, 13621 Salisbury Rd., Midlothian, VA 23113
Share the true spirit of Thanksgiving by helping to put food on someone else's table. 2022 marks the 15th anniversary of the SPC Turkey Waddle 5K Run & Walk, with 100 percent of the proceeds benefiting Feed More, a food bank in Central Virginia. The family- and dog-friendly course circles scenic Salisbury Lake, just minutes from Midlothian homes for sale. The registration fee is $10 for adults and $5 for ages 13 and under. Enroll multiple entrants at once to save on the sign-up fee. The race starts at 9 a.m. on Thursday, November 24.
- 10th Annual Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk - Colonial Heights High School - Technical Center, 3451 Conduit Rd., Colonial Heights, VA 23834
Can the 10th Annual Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk top last year's event, when more than 1,200 energetic people participated? This popular race is designed to encourage healthy living and promote a strong sense of community around Colonial Heights homes for sale. if you want a lighter workout, sign up for the one-mile fun run/walk. Registration fees range from $12-$75, with $5 for every participant donated to the school of the entrant's choice. Race time is 9 a.m. on Thursday, November 24.
- West End Orthodontics 5K Turkey Trot - Crump Park, 3400 Mountain Rd., Glen Allen, VA 23060
You might think the dental industry is more involved with Halloween, but their charitable spirit extends to Thanksgiving. The West End Orthodontics 5K Turkey Trot is held to support We Heart Harlie & Friends, an organization that provides financial assistance for medically fragile children. All participants receive a medal and pair of socks, along with post-race treats of hot chocolate, bagels, bananas, and Krispy Kreme donuts. Entrance fees start at $25 for walkers and $30 for runners. Head to Crump Park, right down the street from Glen Allen homes for sale, at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, November 24.
Want to get in some training? Hit the running trail at these great spots that offer plenty of room and some nice scenery along the way.
- James River Park, conveniently located in the heart of Richmond, features more than 22 miles of trails ranging from easy to challenging.
- The one-mile course at Byrd Park allows you to get a quick workout during your lunch hour. Sneak in some strength training with pull-up bars and other stationary equipment nearby.
- With a span of more than 50 miles, the Virginia Capital Trail can accommodate any length of run.
Are you buying or selling a home in Richmond? Our real estate agents will lace up their running shoes and do all the hard work for you. Contact us at Joyner Fine Properties to learn more.